The articles in this section have been written by Angel Flight members or are from professional publications.
We encourage you to read them all and if you have thoughts or comments on any particular article, please feel free to comment on the page (registration/login is required).
We also encourage you to submit your own articles to be included. We’re interested in anything that can help other Angel Flight West members be better and safer pilots and to better serve our passengers. Once again, submissions may be edited for content, length, and clarity.
The Angel Flight Safety Committee consists of Cheri Cimmarrusti , Mike Jesch, Tim Weston, Joe Shelton, and Charlie Finkel. Tim and Steve are retired airline pilots and Mike is an active airline Captain. Cheri is Associate Executive Director, based in the AFW Santa Monica headquarters. Joe is Chairman of the Safety Committee. If you have any specific questions about operations, safety, patient satisfaction — in other words, pretty much anything that you would like answered by any or all of this group, please send your questions to email@example.com.
- Passengers First, by Joe Shelton
- Personal Minimums – By Alan M. Dias
- Be Prepared – By Joe Shelton
- Required Reports – By Mike Jesch
- Non-towered Airport Operations – By Joe Shelton
- Density Altitude – By Joe Shelton
- IFR Strategies in Convective Weather – A tactical flight from coast-to-coast in a Columbia 400 from above the weather to underneath the overcast. By Joe Shelton. From Plane & Pilot Magazine
- Declaring an Emergency – By Joe Shelton
- Palo Alto Airport (KPAO) – By Joe Shelton
- Mountain Flying – By Buck Bender
- Human Factors: Cognitive Training PDF – By Lorne Sheren, M.D. From ABS (American Bonanza Society) Magazine.
- Life After the Wreck – By Joe Shelton
- Collison Avoidance – Stay Alert – By Charles M. Finkel
- What AFW Passengers Don’t Say – By Josh Olson