Lightspeed Aviation Foundation has announced the finalists for the 2014 Pilot’s Choice Awards. Angel Flight West has been named one of 15 finalists selected out of hundreds of nominees! The Lightspeed Aviation Foundation will administer grants to the top-voted charity organizations out of these 15 finalists. Selected charities will receive up to $10,000!
Keeping the commitment to providing this crucial resource for passengers requires having in place all of the components needed to make each flight happen. It takes a full time staff to receive, manage, and administer the flood of inquiries and requests, as well as to coordinate volunteers and contact healthcare organizations. It also takes financial resources to make the phone calls, send the faxes, print the forms, create and maintain the website, stay in contact with myriad organizations, coordinate operations among widely distributed Wings, recruit pilots, and to do the dozens of other tasks that make every flight possible. Angel Flight West’s financial support consists of generous gifts from many of our members, our annual golf tournament, and support from a wide away of foundations. This is where you can help us…
VOTE FOR ANGEL FLIGHT WEST
About Lightspeed Aviation Foundation
Lightspeed Aviation is a leading manufacturer of premium aviation headsets. Since introducing its first product at EAA AirVenture in 1996, Lightspeed has established a reputation for leading innovation in aviation headsets with a number of first to market advances, including Bluetooth® integration, Auto Shutoff™, and, with Zulu PFX, Streaming Quiet™ ANR. This has earned Lightspeed a loyal customer following among professional, commercial, and private pilots.
Lightspeed also creates shared values with both employees and customers by generously participating in corporate charity matching programs and through its funding of the Lightspeed Aviation Foundation, which supports growth and compassion-related causes with an aviation focus.
“The Pilot’s Choice Awards promotes engagement and awareness for our finalists to pilots and their constituents affected by general aviation.” says Allan Schrader, Lightspeed Aviation president. “By encouraging outreach by our finalists, we have witnessed hundreds of thousands of lives touched through aviation. We’re excited about the impact each of these organizations are having in their areas of service.”
Pilot’s Choice Awards (Foundation Grants)
- Foundation candidates can be nominated by any member of the aviation community. Nominations run from November through January 31st each year.
- Applications to apply for the Pilot’s Choice Grant Program are available to fill out November through early February.
- After a grant application has been processed, grant candidates will be evaluated to assure harmony with the foundation mission and their track record and capacity to leverage the Pilot’s Choice Program.
- The selected finalists are contacted by Lightspeed Aviation Foundation and an official announcement is made each spring at Sun ‘n Fun.
- The selection of the top charities will be determined through online voting. One vote per person.
- Foundation Grants are announced and awarded in November.